"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

suits me perfectly


I can't say what a difference it makes to hire out a bit of housework. Each Saturday a neighbor girl does my vacuuming and dusting. This week her little sister will begin tagging along to water the plants, take care of my bathrooms, and clean the kitchen floor. Years ago, I tried an expensive service, but the quality wasn't as good as the neighbor girl. They also weren't as trustworthy. When I'm gone, I know the work will be done just as nicely. Also, my belongings are never pilfered.

When I began this hiring help thing, I was down in bed AGAIN for the millionth time in the last 6 years. In fact I've spent more time in bed than out and developed a different outlook on lots of things. But I've had a miracle healing. Yes, I've worked diligently with my diet and herbal aids over the last 3 years, which helped tremendously. But I still relapsed often. I firmly believe God helps those who help themselves. I put every effort into following His word and caring for my temple to the best of my ability. During devotions, He seemed to say. 'you 'shall receive health in [your] navel and marrow to [your] bones.'

Anyway...I was reading the other day. For the life of me I can't remember what. The article contained a bit of wisdom that I absolutely adore. Apparently, women in Argentina who can afford to hire help are not praised for doing all their housework themselves. Others need to work, and those that can should do their best to give it. No, we are not wealthy, but we are not at poverty's door either. This idea is for me. In times of health, it frees me to pursue gardening, writing, and sewing. In times of illness, I don't have to kill myself doing chores that drain every last drop of energy. And then....Marmee had a full-time live in housekeeper even though the family was struggling to make ends meet. This new arrangement suits me perfectly.

Update! The little sister is just as hard a worker as her sister. Years ago the little sisters was one of my sunbeams. She was so sweet and pretty, I secretly called her the princess.