"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

so it seems

I've been a planner all my life. I love to make lists, organize, and dream about my plans. For a few years now it seems I've a guardian angel with a strange sense of humor. I make plans and something odd comes up to totally change the direction in my life. It is most unsettling. I suppose the lesson I need to learn here is to be more spontaneous. It's not as if I don't like a surprise of two, but this is getting ridiculous.

So...If I can't count on planning and goal making and so forth, at least I can write a journal and keep up my devotionals in this little tree house.

Praying For...Gayle...it was her 8th birthday Sunday, which means baptism is forthcoming. Also, praying for all children struggling with the weaknesses and illnesses of their parents. Let the parents step up, keep them safe, be kind, and put the needs of the children first.

Dr. G, Medicine Woman...I have to say the incurables program promoted by Dr. Christopher and Dr. Shultz is inspired by God. He designed us so that our bodies might heal themselves unless we are appointed unto death. With fruits of the vine and herbs of the field, we use the creative energy of the sun (of God) to recreate health. My favorite juice is made with 2 lbs. any greens, 4 apples, 2 oranges, 1 thumb ginger, and 1 cucumber or fennel bulb.

Cucina Fresa...I just don't want to pay the inflated prices of organic fermented veggies anymore. And why should I? Anyone with a jar, a knife, a bit of salt, a pinch of spice, and a pile of veggies can make old-fashioned brined and fermented veggies. At this very moment next to my wall heater, I've a bottle of miso broccoli kraut brewing. As soon as I finish writing, I'll head into the kitchen to make a batch of shredded pickled ginger and spice beets. Purple cabbage kraut is my absolute favorite because of its vibrant color. As salad dressing, fermented vegetables leave all others in the dust with lovely colors, delicious flavors, and crunchy textures...Also, I've discovered a way to make my morning miso soup, keeping the veggies alive. Boil water and take it off the heat. Let it cool for 2-5 minutes. Add 1 T. powdered dehydrated veggies and stir in cut veggies: bok choi, purple cabbage, sweet and hot peppers, grape tomatoes, pea pods, sea weed, etc. Finally, add 2 T. non-gluten/non-soy miso into the pot. It is still warm but doesn't even wilt the bok choi. It's a perfectly lovely way to start a day.

Bibliophile...Wanting to read The God Who Weeps. However, right now I'm trying to reorganize my devotionals. This time with God is my main priority that got side tracked, when a little grandchild demanded all my time for several weeks.

Viewing...So glad Downton Abbey is going through another season. It is wonderful; the costumes, the hair, the scenery, the furniture...love it. Sadly, Sybil cut her beautiful, long hair, removing one of her beauties. The stories are silly of course, but we don't necessarily watch period pieces for the story.

Movement...2 of my favorite scholars sent me a generous gift certificate for Christmas. With it I bought a rebounder. The fear of falling and of mugging have curtailed my early morning solitary walks. Also, the lymph healing qualities of rebounding is inviting at this point in my healing journey. Anyway...I'll put my little trampoline together today and get started.

Sound of Music...can't say enough how much joy I feel while playing hymns on my violin. During my time caring for my dear grandchild, I sang all the old favorites to teach lessons:  When You’re Smiling, If You Chance to Meet a Frown,  Two Little Magic WordsJesus Said Love Everyone, A Special Gift is Kindness, Kindness Begins With Me, When We’re Helping We’re Happy, and I Am Like A Star.

Through My Eyes...for years now, I've been working at learning to draw. Lately, I've added watercolor. Who knew I'd find such a delight in middle age. No, I can't say I have any talent to speak of, but it is such fun to make cards to send to grandchildren and other relatives.