"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, December 28, 2012

delicious obsession

I'm sort of obsessed with food more than usual over the last several weeks. With my adoption of the incurables program and now living foods, it is the second time in 4 years I've totally changed my way of eating and therefore my way of preparing food. I don't think I'll ever go back to cooked foods and especially not animal foods. I feel great! Hopefully it lasts.

But...I seriously don't care for gourmet raw foods. With all the nuts and other fats, they are way too rich and give me stomach troubles. Give me a huge green salad with lots of chopped colorful vegetables and a simple miso vinaigrette with a nice creamy living warm soup and I'm happy as a cauliflower. I just couldn't say clam.

Of course I still cook potatoes or rice something or other for the young people in the house. But...isn't it funny that they all go for my giant salad and living soup first.

John Koler (sp) gave a talk on making living soup. I took his idea and made a new master soup recipe.

New and Improved Living Master Soup Recipe

Set veggies out on the counter a couple hours before making soup, so you won’t have to eat cold living soup; unless it is summer and that is the goal.

Soup base-freshly made carrot, celery, cucumber, beet, or other vegetable juices; pureed zucchini, fresh corn, tomatoes, pumpkin or other winter squash, leafy greens, hot peppers, or bell peppers (green, yellow, red, etc); soaked sun dried tomatoes, soaked dehydrated vegetables. Be careful to keep it mostly red/orange or green equal parts of both makes a sickening brownish goop.

Blend base ingredients in a high-speed blender until warm and smooth...The blentec heats soup to 118F, which is still considered living and has enzymes, minerals, and vitamins intact. Plus, it is warming without being so hot that it scalds. OR you can gently warm this on stove watching carefully not to over heat and kill it.

Texture-Spiralized veggy noodles, daikon matchsticks, grated potatoes soaked for ten minutes, grated root vegetables, cubed cucumbers, tomato or red pepper slices, minced fruits, dried fruits, sprouts

Flavor-South River non-soy or gluten miso, coconut aminos, SR miso tamari, green or red onions, cayenne, citrus zest and juice, sour kraut, kim chi, sea weed, herbs, garlic, spices, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, fruits... add in with blended base or leave intact

Stir in texture and flavor additions. Garnish and serve.

Garnishes-soaked minced nuts, soaked seeds, flaked unsweetened coconut, diced avocado, raw olives (small amounts), edible flowers, herbs, greens, sprouts, micro-greens, spices, minced colorful vegetables, ground pepper, purple sour kraut (beautiful on pumpkin bisque below)

One recent creation was made something like this: 1 small pie pumpkin-peeled, seeded, and cubed, 3 soaked sundried tomatoes, 1 habanero pepper-seeded, 1 handful cilantro, 1 zucchini, 1/4 small red onion, 3 c. water, a tiny bit of salt, and freshly ground pepper. These were blended until hot in the blender and garnished with chopped bok choi stems, cucumber, and red bell pepper. Left overs were eaten cold for lunch the next day with purple kraut. This made 4 bowls of soup.