"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, February 8, 2013

changing my inner woman

Mountains to Climb Henry B. Eyring, October 2012 All quotes unless otherwise noted come from this sermon. "Many of you are now passing through physical, mental, and emotional trials that could cause you to cry out as did one great and faithful servant of God I knew well. His nurse heard him exclaim from his bed of pain, “When I have tried all my life to be good, why has this happened to me?”" I've asked this question at various times in my life but have since learned that all my experiences are for my good even if they are hard to bear. This is the same idea that god taught Joseph Smith Doctrine and Covenants 122:7-9

I could go on to list my heart breaks and such, but another person would likely list other things more drastic. The point is that everyone has stuff to deal with; we simply don't know the whole of the sufferings of others. One of my trials mirrors those of Dr. McDougall below. However, his problems were more severe and quick to bring him to his knees.


 


AND Jesus suffered more than ANY of us, when he took on all the pains and sins of the world. Are we better than HE? Doctrine and Covenants 19:15-19

The real question should be, 'How can I remain strong in the face of adversity and trial?' "Choosing the right consistently whenever the choice is placed before us creates the solid ground under our faith...Those choices, hundreds in most days, prepare the solid ground on which our edifice of faith is built. The metal framework around which the substance of our faith is poured is the gospel of Jesus Christ, with all its covenants, ordinances, and principles...serving God and others persistently with full heart and soul that turns testimony of truth into unbreakable spiritual strength...Trouble itself can be your way to strengthen and finally gain unshakable faith."

Faith and forgiveness beget miracles even if those miracles are only a changing of the inner man. Ether 12:6-9 Ether 12:18

"With faith in the Savior, you can repent and plead for forgiveness. There is someone you can forgive. There is someone you can thank. There is someone you can serve and lift. You can do it wherever you are and however alone and deserted you may feel." Trials and repentance seem a tedious journey. Again why is it necessary? "In Their perfect love for you, Heavenly Father and the Savior want you fitted to be with Them to live in families forever. Only those washed perfectly clean through the Atonement of Jesus Christ can be there...If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing. In all conditions, we can choose the right with the guidance of the Spirit. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ to shape and guide our lives if we choose it. And with prophets revealing to us our place in the plan of salvation, we can live with perfect hope and a feeling of peace. We never need to feel that we are alone or unloved in the Lord’s service because we never are. We can feel the love of God. The Savior has promised angels on our left and our right to bear us up."

While I can't say I am always thankful for my trials while in the midst of them, I can look back and see the growth that came from them. For this I am grateful.