"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, March 4, 2013

hope and faith and peace and strength

"I would speak unto you concerning hope. How is it that ye can attain unto faith, save ye shall have hope? And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise," Moroni 7:40-41.

“Come unto Christ...and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption,” Omni 1:26.

Certainly, one can think of the Atonement as a means for forgiving of sins, which it is. However, it is so much more than meets the eye. It can be a power in life, to help one gain strength in overcoming sin and the adversary through the God's grace in addition to leading one to peace and healing. But that's not all; it can deepen love for and commitment to the Savior, as it inspires a greater desire to stand as His witness at all times and in all things and in all places.

It seems faith and hope are a dynamic duo. The Epistle of the Apostle Paul to the Hebrews chapter 11 paints a marvelous picture of faith and hints at its partner hope. Moroni echoes ideas presented by Paul. Alma teaches just what faith can do when combined with the study of God's Word. Joseph Smith relates the blessings faith and prayer brought to his life as a youngster.

Even though I've seen and felt the powerful force of hope in the Atonement, faith that His grace is sufficient, daily feasting upon His Word, and sincere prayer can bring, I sometimes slip and forget. It seems life gets so complicated, when I turn away. It's as if I know I must breathe, but I let something else seem more important than air for a time. Then I am surprised when I get dizzy and pass out. Why do I let the world get in the way of things that build hope and faith and peace and strength?