"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

knowledge, obedience, and faith

I am grateful for the privilege I have to serve God and hope I can remember to look at the glass half full and find joy in His service. Dieter F. Uchtdorf said. "We can do this best by applying the principles of knowledge, obedience, and faith."

"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." Doctrine and Covenants 84:88

"And I now give unto you a commandment to beware concerning yourselves, to give diligent heed to the words of eternal life. For you shall live by every word that proceedeth forth from the mouth of God," Doctrine and Covenants 84:43-44.

The idea is to listen to God through the Holy Ghost and to His prophets ancient and modern. As we gain knowledge concerning God’s commandments and will for each of us personally, we should act upon this knowledge, "discipline our minds and bodies, and attune our actions to the patterns of righteousness taught by the prophets."

"Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?" James 2:22. 

Standing as Jesus' witness and taking His name upon us is an outward sign of faith. It takes effort to walk the road less traveled in this troubled world. Nevertheless, with mighty prayer and accepting God's helping grace, we can walk the path of discipleship and service or as James put it performing works. Through this process God perfects His children.

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day," Doctrine and Covenants 4:2.

I know the power, blessings, added knowledge, and peace of serving Him. It makes life worth living and is one reason for Jesus' work on earth.