"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

He is not here...He is risen...

Meditation on Jesus' Word..."And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay," Matthew 28:5-6.

Praying For...Gracie, who has her 4th birthday this week. I want for her a stable, loving childhood with the knowledge that she has a personal Savior, Jesus Christ, a loving Heavenly Father, and grandparents that love and care for her. I also pray for children around the world that they too will find Jesus and be cherished, protected, nurtured, and taught to do right.

Dr. Ginger, Medicine Woman...My readers must know, I'm not a medical doctor. However, I spend a lot of time researching health, herbs, and nutrition. Lately, a new debate has arisen over which is worse for health, fat or sugar. I don't think it's an either or thing. Moderation kills. If I eat even a tiny bit of sugar, I start craving sugary, fatty, baked desserts and candy. I also feel really gross and groggy. It's best for me, at least, to stay away from it. I was also an amateur pastry chef and baker, who baked the most luscious, buttery, sugary, yeasty treats. My family waxes sentimental about our old traditions full of pies, cakes, pastries, rolls, crusty old world loaves, and such. No...I'll not go there again. Mashed banana in gluten-free oats sweetens without the rush, cravings, and fat belly. But...the debate will go on.

Cucina Fresca...Looking forward to the end of tax season so I can cook regular meals again. I love to cook but to eat even more. Of course I won't do it, but there is the cutest empty shop here that would make a sweet cafe. From time to time, I daydream about opening a cafe. But...I never will.

Duds...Here on the little island, I found made in the USA bandanas for a very reasonable price. I love to use bandanas as hair bands especially when I need to work outdoors. I also enjoy them at the table as napkins.

Nature Walk...loving the daffodils naturalized, surrounding trees and mailboxes

Duds...Last Sunday it was still cold enough for boots and winter coats, but to day we have 60ish weather.

Pen and Brush...I got word that our little Samantha has become an artist in her own right, sculpting in clay is her favorite right now. This week I painted quite a bit. Of course flowers are my favorite subject, but I also tried my hand at my first building. It didn't turn out that great, but I learned a lot. This bee was lots of fun to do. Like I said I have lots to learn, but learn ing is great fun.



Garden Gate...