"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, April 1, 2013

liberators not restrictors

With this new month, my study focus will change. I'll focus somewhat on the Apostasy and Restoration as well as various other brief topic diversions.

"...my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them...Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard." 2 Nephi 15:16 Without going into detail, I can say studying scripture has profoundly changed my life for the better. It's as if I see people and situations through different eyes. Giving the benefit of a doubt and looking for good is easier.

"Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the cwords of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." 2 Nephi 32:3 While studying, I've been given specific direction. Other times the words of certain scriptures pop into my mind as I consider the proper choice or course.

"And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith." Doctrine and Covenants 88:118 I started with only a desire to have faith or believe. Since adopting intensive scripture study my hope in truth progressed to a deep faith and then knowledge that Jesus and the Father live and love me. Their commandments were put into place, simply because they want me to be happy. Commandments aren't restrictors; they are liberators and bring joy.