"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

my own wits

“We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God” (Articles of Faith 1:9). It's been said. If you want to talk to God, pray. If you want Him to talk to you, read the scriptures. I want add that He not only speaks to me through the scriptures but also through living prophets and apostles and personal revelation by the Holy Ghost. Sometimes it is hard to trust the word of the Lord and follow it, when my will is different than His instructions. However, I've been through enough trials and been faced with enough difficult decisions to know scripture study, prayer, and the words of ancient and living prophets will lead me to a much better outcome than my own wits. April's focus on the Apostasy, Renaissance, Reformation, and Restoration was testimony building for me. May's theme is prophets and revelation. I just can't get enough of studying God's word.