"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, May 3, 2013

enduring with cheerful heart and happy countenance

Lately, I've been thinking about the idea of enduring. Thomas S. Monson gave this definition, to withstand with courage. Courage is necessary to believe and obey the words of Christ in this sinful day. Years ago as a young mother, I discovered a secret for enduring. A huge project such as sewing a dress or making Thanksgiving dinner might seem just too much. But one seam or one peeled potato is doable. So too life's challenges may seem insurmountable. With daily heavenly guidance, we can endure in the faith for one hour, one day "until we’ve lived a lifetime guided by the Spirit, a lifetime close to the Lord, a lifetime of good deeds and righteousness," 3 Nephi 15:9.  When faced more work than I can possibly accomplish or the obstacles seem to much, I can focus on one small thing--one small seam with a cheerful heart and a happy countenance, and do it well unto the glory of God, Isaiah 30:21. Then with the grace of God I'll attain happiness in this life and eternal life in the kingdom of my Father.