"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

merely casual

Praying For...Gracie, our four-year-old fire cracker, that she will be happy, safe, healthy, and find Jesus. I pray the same for other little girls. I pray that children everywhere can get to know the Creator of this beautiful earth.

Meditations On Jesus Word..."...all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that upon the face of it, yea, and all it's motion, yea, and all the planets that move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator," Alma 30:44 As I gaze out this upper window or walk in the forest, I feel the Holy Ghost whisper this truth again and again.

Bibliophilia...Sent Gracie a copy of Angelina Ballerina along with the second set of Bob Books. 

Cucina Fresca...Since becoming a missionary, we've been invited to dinner many times. At first I explained my allergies and hoped for the best. But...it felt sort of strange when the hostess made everyone eat a Ginger-ized meal. That would be ok if the meal was at my house....so...I now tell her that I have multiple allergies and would like to bring a dish to share. Fix whatever you were going to fix, and I'll come for the company. This is the dish I'm taking to a dinner appointment Monday night. I hope all goes well.

Spanish-style Quinoa Pilaf

2 c quinoa
3 c water
1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained or 2 c chopped fresh tomatoes or 1/4 c diced dehydrated tomatoes plus 1 1/2 c water
1/2 c dehydrated mixed vegetables or 2 c. fresh
2 T dehydrated cabbage or 3/4 c fresh minced
2 T dehydrated spinach or 1/2 c fresh minced
1 t onion powder or 1/2 onion, puréed
1/4 t garlic powder or 1 small garlic clove, pressed
1/2 t Mrs. Dash
1/2 t smoked paprika
1/2 t mild ground chili
1/8 t chipotle powder (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c minced cilantro or parsley or 2 T dry

Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan. Bring to boil. Turn heat to simmer, covered, for 20 min. This is beautiful served on a bed of chopped baby greens with a side of fruit.

Sound of Music...with all the rain, I am still anticipating the time I can play in the music circle again. I've chosen The Light Divine as my memory song for the coming month. It is harder than anything previous with 3 flats.

Duds...once in awhile I think of chopping my hair. After one of those days this week, I decided to try and learn braiding and such on myself. When my girls were young, I did all sorts of fancy braids using 2 books by Anne Akers Johnson, Hair and Braids and Bows. Wish I still had them. Luckily the library here does, which I placed on hold.

Pen and Brush...still don't have my Mac Book up and running so can't share my creations. I enjoy this no addition to my life, whenever time permits.

Embarrassing Moment...some remember my oops with Elaine Dalton a few years back. Well...I did it again. At a missionary conference this week, the only two seats left were up front. This was a smallish meeting, where we sat at 6 or 8 round tables at lunch time. I asked the usual questions. One man at our table replied he was from the area. After eating, he got up and began to speak, teaching precious truths about faith, works, and justification from James 2. He was our regional rep. How is it I don't recognize these people and treat them with proper respect of their office! I wasn't disrespectful but merely casual.