"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Strengthen thy brethren

"when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." Luke 22:32 Something that I learned the hard way as a mother is walk your talk. I might teach fantastic gospel lessons. If I then acted impatient or harsh, the lesson the children learned was anything but what I hoped. Preparing well and example are equally important. This shouldn't have been a surprise. Jesus said. "What manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I." 3 Nephi 27:27 Inviting unity instead of force and hypocrisy are much more effective. "Be one. And if ye are not one ye are not mine." Doctrine and Covenants 38:27 Honest safe communication, opportunities for meaningful service, and a good listening ear foster unity. Unity instead of force prepares others for spiritual, charitable, responsible, accountable leadership and teaching. When mothers such as I was in the beginning don't follow these principles, they end up doing everything themselves and surely wear away. Exodus 18:18. If we first communicate and teach our expectations, keep a visual record, and establish accountability, even small children thrive and become exceptionally cooperative. However, learning is a process and not a one time event. Patience, acceptance, and mercy are required as we stay firm in our values and expectations. 1 Corinthians 13 lately, I discovered the best way to do this with a large group is with a quiet voice, loving greetings, and excellent preparation. So we come full circle. As I become a true follower of Christ, I can help others. Moroni 7:48