"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

act happy, feel happy

I'm not sure how it started. Under the surface, I was a downcast, depressed child and young adult. Sometimes it didn't stay under the surface. In my 30s, I learned a secret that Pollyanna and Mary Poppins already knew. By acting happy, I feel happy. This lesson was expanded to include smiling, when we lived on happy, smiling Oahu for a time. A smile on my face and in my heart, help me change difficult tasks into fulfilling and enjoyable experiences. Because others dismiss this discovery as a bunch of foolishness, I keep writing about it. While I don't always remember, finding the element of fun in any task turns it into a joyful pursuit. Participating in something enjoyable, somehow changes difficulty into effortless play. Because this attitude pleases God and makes me feel joy, it has a snowball effect in my heart. Additionally, I can't help thinking working with praise and joy motivates those around me. As an energy giver, I don't feel so downhearted by failure anymore either.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing." Psalm 100:1-2

"The hope of the righteous shall be gladness..." Proverbs 10:28

"Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" Doctrine and Covenants 128:19