"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful

Praying For...Oakley, our 6-year-old beauty queen, and Enzo, a 5-year-old ball of fire...that they will know peace, joy, and plenty. Praying that political leaders will feel the influence of Jesus Christ and stop all the fibbing, fussing, and fighting. Let everyone live together nicely, worship according to their own conscious, plant a garden, help their neighbor in their own way, and covet not. Power and greed don't make anyone happy.

Pondering Jesus' Word..."Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven." Matthew 18:21-22 Forgive to obey Jesus commandment and be rewarded with peace.

Bibliophilia...sent Oakley The Children of Noisy Village and My First Sewing Book...my selections were Camilla, How to Live on 24 Hours a Day, and a Carnegie book along with scripture and the many resources my students are using.

Cucina Fresca...more and more I choose quinoa over rice. It's quicker to cook and tastes fantastic. Yesterday, just before I headed out for a big work project. I put lentils and spices over low heat for curry dal but didn't consider the rice. When we finally got back in at 12:30ish, lunch wasn't ready. It was doable to be patient for 20 minutes for quinoa, but 55 for rice wasn't acceptable. Curried Lentils with Quinoa turned out to be the best dal ever.

Dr. Ginger, Medicine Woman...I'm neither a doctor or a medicine woman only a grandma that enjoys natural means of self-healing over high-priced, ineffective, side-effect laden, lie-filled allopathy. Because our mowers have been down more than not for the last month, the grass in some areas is tall and flowering. Consequently, my allergies are going haywire. I'm going to try a famous remedy with great hope, astragalus and marshmallow 1:1 ratio in a capsule.

I Write...the New Testament Study Guide in Spanish is much more challenging than I imagined. I chapter or two a week is more doable than a chapter a day. Finished Wendy's Ways. It's amazing how much one can accomplish getting up a couple hours earlier than the rest of the world.

Mission Life...We worked with a large group over three days this weekend, who donated approximately 400 service hours. Because of their youth and vitality, their work is more like 1200 of our hours. Some of it we couldn't do at all since it took 4-6 strong young men to accomplish the task. The pond that has been empty, neglected, and collecting forest debris for nine years was scooped and power washed yesterday in hopes of a complete restoration. We are all on cloud nine here. On another high note, we got all sorts of correspondance from one our daughters and her family. Our wall of fame is covered with drawings and school work. Gotta love it.

Nature...on the longest day of the year, June 21, we played games with some new friends. On the way home at 10:30, it was still light, but the moon was shining very brightly. It was almost too bright to look at. Even though I make a point of seeking it out often, I've never seen such a beautiful moon. According to Astronomy Today's Guide to the Night Sky, it is a Perigee Moon when the Moon is closest to Earth. Tonight is supposed to be even better, so you know where I'll be at 11 o'clock. That is if I can stay awake.

Pen and Brush...Because we were so busy on the farm, I haven't made any cards yet but will do so this afternoon for Oakley and Enzo.