"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

a more beautiful place

Praying For...Claire, our darling, 4-year-old pixie, and Eliana, one of my Primary children with a temperament very similar to our sweet pixie, who both embody the scriptural obedient, earnest, meek, mild child. I pray for them that no harm or evil will mar their innocence. Even though I know the guilty must be allowed to condemn themselves, I pray that more children will experience the innocent, magical joy of childhood. I pray that people will turn toward Jesus and the only peace to be found on earth, they joy of His gospel.

Meditations on the Word..."And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." Malachi 4:6

Bibliophilia...sent Claire a copy of Miss Rumphius plus a couple things to keep her busy during the summer. Hopefully, she will catch the vision of Miss Rumphius.

Cucina Fresca...we were invited to a 4th of July bbq. As usual, I brought my own safe dish made in huge proportions. It was a hit.

Quinoa Tabouli

2 c quinoa
1/4 c. powdered dehydrated veg mix
4 c. water
1/2 t. garlic powder
2 t. onion powder
dash cayenne

Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, simmer for 20 min. Fluff with a fork and let cool to room temp.

3-4 tomatoes, diced
1-2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
1 c. fresh parsley, minced
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 T. fresh mint, minced or 1 t. dried
zest and juice of large lemon
freshly ground pepper
salt to taste

Mix all together in a large bowl. Add cooled quinoa. Toss. Adjust seasonings. Serve room temp or chilled.

Dr. Ginger, Medicine Woman...it's no secret; I love beans and lentils. Many turn up their noses at peasant food, however, Dr. Greger presents new information. Out here there are a couple young elder missionaries that I feed whenever they don't have a dinner appointment. Interestingly, they love my soups and other bean meals. So much so that they've asked me to teach them how to cook my peasant meals.