"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, July 8, 2013

lemon hand grenade

OK, so I'm not always perfect. I read a fluffy, mystery novel. Actually, it was pretty good. Busy body, Sadie, the main character is sweet (and an amazing brawler) but a huge liar. She seemed to justify her lying because it was for a good cause. Tsk, Tsk...The Bible says, Thou Shalt Not Lie, not only lie for a good cause. In the end, she confesses all her lies, as they become life saving justifications. Nevertheless, she taught some important lessons in the book. Be anxiously engaged in a good cause. Show loyalty to family and friends.

And this one that had me rolling with laughter. "Taking offense is like take a hand grenade--it's up to you." Josi Kilpack, Lemon Tart

After I finished laughing, I began to think of the same advice from a couple other more spiritual sources.

"If a person says or does something that we consider offensive, our first obligation is to refuse to take offense and then communicate privately, honestly, and directly with that individual." David A. Bednar, October 2006

"Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison...But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matthew 5:25,44