"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

a soft answer

"Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another." Ephesians 4:25

"Wo unto the liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell." 2 Nephi 9:34

Some people lie as a matter of course. Embellishing events (aka fish stories) and such, they cause distrust. How can we accurately report the facts to gain trust. I know a man who is very soft spoken, selecting his words with care. Possibly, his example is best. Thoughtfulness in choosing words sometimes requires not speaking. Years ago a group of young women sat in my kitchen trashing a supposed friend's home. When I told them I don't like gossip, they said it wasn't gossip but truth. I responded that just because something is true doesn't mean it needs to be said. On another occasion, a woman explained her new husband's family's policy of honest speaking. Using the idea of complete honesty, they feel justified in injuring the feelings of others. After all it was truth. Finding that delicate balance between telling the truth and not maligning another, we gain charity or a godly character.

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." Proverbs 15:1

A special gift is kindness.
Such happiness it brings.
When I am kind to others,
My heart sings.