"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

second chance to get it right

Praying For...Gracie and Enzo...and all children around the world that they will be cherished by those they love and know Jesus at a young age.

Mediating on Jesus' Word...“Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of heaven” (Mark 10:14). I love teaching my grandchildren a little about Jesus, when I write to them. Teaching primary, I get a second chance to get it right. We have grand times playing games, while I give a covert lesson. Today, each child told me about a commandment or I asked them if thus and such was a commandment. Then they got to catch a colorful paper fish with my magnet on a stick. I love it! They love it! One little girl is so earnest, she yells out and cries a lot if she isn't picked during singing or sharing time. We've been working to learn about my turn to talk, your turn to talk. At the beginning of the lesson, I give each child a chance for undivided time to tell about anything they want. If another child interrupts, I remind them it isn't their turn to talk. They get it and are very respectful of each other and me. Then we have a 2-5 minute lesson always with a scripture. Then the other part of the lesson as above. Sometimes we draw or fill in a coloring page. Anyway...during our class presentation in sharing time, she started talking loudly as usual. I simply turned to her and said it wasn't her turn to talk. She smiled and stopped interrupting--no tears, no pouting. Her grandma plays the piano and was happy with our cute girly's progress.

Bibliophilia...going to have to tone down my book-giving spree a bit. Sent Mrs. Rumphius to Gracie.

Sound of Music...A Child's Prayer is the song of the month in our Primary. Oh, dear. It was Katie's favorite song and makes me cry. I'm going to have to get over this, because I hate to cry. Maybe I'll find a simplified version to play on my violin to force myself to hear it every day. Love singing in my little forest theater. Amazing Grace is the song of choice these days. God loves my singing even if it isn't as good as it was all those decades ago. If only the best birds sang, the forest would be silent.

For Health...gotta remember to drink more distilled water again now that the temp is rising. I suppose it is a blessing that my elimination systems slow down if I don't drink plenty, although sluggishness is a main reason for all my health issues. Allergies caused the sluggishness but dehydration played a part, too. For good health drink lots of distilled water daily. A diet high in simple carbs, tylenol, environmental contaminants, insufficient enzymes, chronic stress, and gastrointestinal neglect can cause increased intestinal permeability, which in turn can cause many autoimmune disorders including addison's, anemia, arthritis, and allergies. Water and a veg diet will reverse these given time.

Cucina Fresca...simple food for a happy life. Nothing new here: curried garbanzos over quinoa, lentil soup, goulash, salads, smoothies, and fruit. Tomorrow, I'll make Pupusas. Mmmmm.

Nature...sweet peas grow by the roadside here all over the place as thick as weeds but ever so much more beautiful. Most mornings a doe and her fawn graze outside my kitchen window. Another set are often spotted in the large field. The mama with twins is usually in the treed pasture. The forest smells something like vanilla but sometimes the ocean here smells like fish. Peace, quiet, calm, beauty....

Locks...getting pressure to cut my hair. Interestingly, my SIL is having the same issue. Why do people think they can be insulting? SIL was told that women over 50 shouldn't have long hair. Now this woman has beautiful hair. Some have told me I should cut mine off, because it isn't as thick or sleek as it was when I was younger. It's only a recent development that women have socially acceptable, short hair in the West anyway. Before the 1920s, women always considered their long hair their crowning glory. The first wave of women's libbers cut their hair to be liberated from feminine trappings. Modern, progressive women had short hair. Old-fashioned, traditional women, aka oppressed women, kept their hair long. Women over thirty were thought to be immature if they didn't cut their hair beginning in the 50s. In the 21st century, I can be traditional or liberated or whatever with short or medium or long hair if I want. I may cut mine some day, but it will be my choice for my own reasons; not because some rude person insults me or tries to pressure me. Whew! Rant over...

Pen and Brush...I have so much fun making these cards for my grands and primary children.