"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

could not/would not



After studying herbs for some time, I knew that aspirin was derived from tree bark. The information that other plants contain salicylic acid is new and interesting to me. Some foods I love and eat with high levels of Salicylic Acid are asparagus, leafy greens, winter squashes, snow peas, alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, spinach, mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms especially portobellos, nectarines, plums, watermelon, lettuce, blueberries, cantaloupe, and dates. Now I can eat them and know I'm fighting inflammation in my body. Hurray!

"And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so." Genesis 1:30

"Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us apulse to eat, and water to drink." Daniel 1:12

"Yea, and the herb, and the good things which come of the earth, whether for food or for raiment, or for houses, or for barns, or for orchards, or for gardens, or for vineyards; Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart" Doctrine and Covenants 59:17-18

The original word for pulse is zeroa meaning vegetables. Did God plan a prevention and cure for inflammation with plant foods that coincides with many degenerative and painful diseases? Absolutely!

I'm imagining a dinner with a green salad, steamed spicy greens, spaghetti squash with tomato/portobello sauce, and summer fruit salad. I could not, would not ask for more!