"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

delightful and unexpected gift

When I had the flu, I grew anxious and confused. Because the beginnings of a viral infection mimic symptoms of adrenal failure, I thought my health was failing again and that I was having an adrenal episode. It just didn't make sense with all I was doing and all I was promised during healing priesthood blessings. Thankfully, it was a flu virus and not the return of the awful debilitation.

As in my case, those having the proper priesthood authority place their hands upon the head of the person receiving the ordinance, Doctrine and Covenants 42:44; Articles of Faith 1:4–5). When the priesthood holder serves the ill or injured, they serve as a means for the Lord to bless His children, Doctrine and Covenants 36:2. Even if one isn't blessed with healing, the ordinance always brings comfort and sometimes enlightenment.

 To many in this modern age, the laying on of hands to bless the sick is a bit odd. Yet, it has been used by priesthood holders since Adam ordained his descendants, Doctrine and Covenants 107:40–50). When Jacob blessed Ephraim and Manasseh, the sons of Joseph of Egypt, he laid his hands on their heads, Genesis 48:14–19). Prophets and apostles ancient and modern have all used this priesthood ordinance, Alma 6:1 Numbers 27:18–23Acts 8:14–17Acts 19:1–61 Timothy 4:14Joseph Smith—History 1:68–69Doctrine and Covenants 33:15; Doctrine and Covenants 35:6.

In time I will recover fully. Day by day I see small but distinct evidence that I am indeed healing. For instance my grey hair is slowly being replaced by dark hair. What a delightful and unexpected gift!