"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

no verbal or visual selling point

It saddens me to see little girls grow into confused young women. Misunderstanding the power of their sexuality, they dress and/or act provocatively. Sometimes this is encouraged by parents that mistake growing up with immodesty. Pondering this problem, I consider how we might teach young girls that competency and intelligence bring much more attention than flirtatiousness. But I'm not sure its really attention that they seek. As we watch celebrities, we see people at odds with their desires for fame and their need for privacy. Modesty may allow for both on some level. Humility and decency follow modesty. Those that don't draw undue attention to themselves and 'seek not their own' are modest. Their dress, grooming, language, and behavior bring them proper attention and praise instead of undesired lustful intentions of those that follow temptations of the adversary. Instead, we should teach young people seek to “glorify God in your body, and in your spirit” (1 Corinthians 6:20; see also 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.

I want to tell young girls and boys that the way they dress sends a message to the world whether they like it or not. Evil middle aged men and women prey upon children and youth who are confused in their message. The human body is a sacred creation and gift from our Heavenly Father. Well groomed and modestly dressed, young people can invite the companionship of the Holy Ghost, exercise a good influence on others, and gain self respect. Procreation is a sacred power, reserved to bring children and love into a marriage relationship  and not a verbal or visual selling point for the developing young body. Satan is the author of this confusion. Articles of Faith 1:13

 My little primary children are learning a song this year to help them when unsure about their actions including modesty. "And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world," 1 John 4:14.

If the Savior Stood Beside Me
Sally DeFord 

If the Savior stood beside me,
Would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example?
Would I live more righteously if I could see the Savior standing nigh,
watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me,
Would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel?
Would I speak more rev’rently if I could see the Savior standing nigh,
watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me, would my thoughts be clean and pure?
Would His presence give me strength and hope and courage to endure?
Would His counsel guide my actions?
Would I choose more worthily if I could see the Savior standing nigh
watching over me?

He is always near me, though I do not see Him there,
And because He loves me dearly,
I am in His watchful care,
So I’ll be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be
if I could see the Savior standing nigh watching over me.