"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

all the difference

A mural depicts Bishop John W. Hess, Aurelia S. Rogers, and other leaders at the first meeting of the Farmington Ward Primary Association on August 25, 1878; 215 children between the ages of 6 and 14 attended.

How funny that our Primary program was begun because little boys were acting like hooligans. After prayer and pondering, Sister Rogers and Bishop Hess came up with the pattern of singing and teaching lessons about the gospel and character of Jesus Christ. That's exactly what we do today. I love teaching little children.

Sunday, our lesson time went especially well. Apparently, so did one of my little charges.

Most evenings the young elders come to our cottage for scriptures and prayers. They reported this. Monday evening they were hosted for dinner at the home of one of my students. His mother asked him a couple questions about our class. He perked right up and said excitedly, "My class is so much fun." It doesn't have to be boring or slow to learn the doctrines of the kingdom.

Love makes all the difference. In fact that was the lesson last week. "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." John 13:34