"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

radical or resourceful

After hearing about Making It: Radical Home Ec for a Post-Consumer World, I just had to check it out. All the time I read, I wondered when the radical part would begin. None of it was new or extraordinary; 98% belonged in the ordinary homemaker's catalog of general tasks. Or maybe....I've been radical for over 30 years and never knew it. I prefer to call it resourceful, which describes most homemakers on a budget with a house full of little people. I suppose this is in direct opposition to the wasteful, me-generation of my child rearing years. The old saying of use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without was alive and well in our home even when our budget no longer required it. Still the book was a fun read.

"His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord," Matthew 25:21.

"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much," Luke 16:10.