"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

music to brighten and lighten

"We shall make music to brighten the day; music will help us to lighten the way," Children’s Songbook, 252.

Although I love to sing, my violin is my best voice. Over the years, I've memorized lots of hymns and primary songs. Unfortunately, when I pick up my violin to play, I either can't remember which songs I know or the starting note. Epiphany! Go through the books, write down their names, indicate the starting note on a little card. Walla!

“The song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads,” Doctrine and Covenants 25:12.

O come, let us sing unto the Lord," Psalm 95:1. "Praise the Lord . . . with music," Doctrine and Covenants 136:28.

“The singing of hymns is one of the best ways to put ourselves in tune with the Spirit of the Lord,” Dallin H. Oaks

"You cannot afford to fill your mind with the unworthy hard music of our day. Such music as that is not worthy of you. You are a son or a daughter of Almighty God. He has inspired a world full of wonderful things to learn and to do, uplifting music of many kinds that you may enjoy. There is so much wonderful, uplifting music available that we can experience to our advantage. Our people ought to be surrounded by good music of all kinds. If you are blessed with musical talent, develop a wide range of good music." Boyd K. Packer

"Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is...Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord," Ephesians 5:17, 19.

"Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the Lord, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the Lord, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him," Exodus 15:1-2

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord," Colossians 3:16

Well, I'm off to play...