"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

reverse

Praying For Gayle...she is so good about sending me letters and drawings. In our society, children are sexualized and young adults act like children. I'm not sure how to reverse things, but I hope at least this sweet girl gets to be a child for a few more years. Children around the world are exploited. I pray that more of them can be spared the evils of secret combinations.

Meditating on Jesus' Word..."And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them," Mark 10:13-16. This was the text of my Primary lesson today. The children loved the message and had lots of fun thinking up ways we are blessed because of Jesus.  Nevertheless, my students were bonkers today. It got so bad we went outside to take a walk. That has done the trick with all my past classes but not this one. Our little special needs girl and her brother ran off as soon as we got outside. It was crazy. I made it through without too much trouble but hope next week is less hectic.

Cucina Fresca...made a delicious Fettucini (or angel hair) pomodoro the other day. This is really like Mexican pico de gallo but with Italian herbs. We love this uncooked sauce in the summer. Just mince several room temp roma tomatoes, a small red pepper, some soaked sundried tomatoes, a few cremini mushrooms, a clove of garlic, a bunch of green onions plus fresh parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, and basil. Add in a bit of cayenne, black pepper, and celtic sea salt. Serve over spiralized zucchini, baked spaghetti squash, or whole grain rice fettucini with salad, steamed broccoli rabe or asparagus, and fruit crisp. Cover the bottom of a round cake pan with fresh or frozen fruit of choice. In a bowl, mash 1-2 bananas. Stir in 1 T honey and/or the juice and zest of a small orange. Add 1 t. sweet spice mix (cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, anise, and citrus peel). Thoroughly mix in 2 c. gluten-free rolled oats. Spread over fruit and bake at 425F for 20-25 min.

Garden Gate...I'm doing things a bit differently here according to this example: kale, tat soi, lettuce, pac choi, Tokyo bekana, kai lan, rabe, and herbs. Instead of his fertilizer ideas, I use azomite, kelp extract, and worm castings. We have some move lights which are perfect for this project. It is so much fun but the proof is in the pudding. Waiting to see if we get anything for the effors.

Bibliophilia...Sent Gayle a copy of Caddie Woodlawn, which I read with each of my girls around eight or nine. It's delightful.

Sound of Music...I'm not sure why beautiful and sacred music touches my spirit like it does, but I'm grateful I was introduced to it at a young age. I"m going to work on How Gentle God's Commands.

To Health...had some foods on my danger list this week...I just wanted to see if they were still a problem. They are....maybe someday wheat, soy, and the others won't make me sick anymore. Dr. Holcum has seen people like me heal eventually...But...I also realized that my old, highly craved  favorites don't really taste as good as I remember. It's a learned, cultural, food bias that keeps us wanting these things. My stir fries, wraps, salads, desserts, soups, and stews taste better.

Movement...walking a lot more in addition to yoga...feeling stronger from this.

 Pen and Brush...