"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

remember and act

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened," Matthew 7:7-8. "Quiet spiritual promptings may not seem as spectacular as visions or angelic visitations, but they are more powerful and lasting and life changing. The witness of the Holy Ghost makes an impression on the soul that is more significant than anything you can see or hear. Through such revelations, you will receive lasting strength to stay true to the gospel and help others do the same," True to the Faith. Although God speaks to His children on earth through prophets ancient and modern, He also sends inspiration or personal revelation in answer to prayer for specific needs, stewardships, and to strengthen the testimony. If you don't want to obey, don't ask. For instance, I prayed for guidance concerning my illness. Yes, it's slowly resolving. I can walk long distances, carry in my own groceries, and stay in plank pose for 2 minutes. However, the direction I was given is sometimes difficult to follow. Seriously, why in the world would I succumb and eat pizza or chocolate, when they are full of the things I've learned cause my problems? However, I did just that. I ate a few things thinking a little bit won't hurt just this once. Well, they did. Joint and connective tissue pain along with fatigue, breathing trouble, lymph congestion, and abdominal inflammation/pain from one end to the other remind me to do what I've been told. Goodies don't taste good enough to endure these reactions. "Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things," Doctrine and Covenants 6:22. "And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them," Mosiah 4:10. Likening scripture unto one's self might not fit the situation of the person begin addressed specifically. Nevertheless, generally remembering previous witnesses and acting on that advise, we can live happier lives. As my dad would say, we don't have to learn from the school of hard knocks.