"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, September 27, 2013

art divine

I don't have as much time to devote to blogging as I once did. Still, I'd like to keep up this little journal from time to time.

One thing I struggle to make time for is learning to sing and play unfamiliar hymns. Our Mountain Home So Dear is my newest addition to my personal sound of music collection. It reminds me somewhat of a lovely place along the Canadian border that I love dearly. When I'm there, I feel God  close by. It's almost as if I might find Him around a tree or over the next hill.

Our mountain home so dear,
Where crystal waters clear
Flow ever free,
Flow ever free,
While thru the valleys wide
The flow'rs on ev'ry side,
Blooming in stately pride,
Are fair to see.

We'll roam the verdant hills
And by the sparkling rills
Pluck the wildflow'rs, (don't do this now, to keep the seeds doing their job)
Pluck the wildflow'rs;
The fragrance on the air,
The landscape bright and fair,
And sunshine ev'rywhere
Make pleasant hours.

In sylvan depth and shade,
In forest and in glade,
Where-e'er we pass,
Where-e'er we pass,
The hand of God we see
In leaf and bud and tree,
Or bird or humming bee,
Or blade of grass.

The river, flow'r, and sod
Bespeak the works of God;
And all combine,
And all combine,
With most transporting grace,
His handiwork to trace,
Thru nature's smiling face,
In art divine.

Text: Emmeline B. Wells, 1828-1921
Music: Evan Stephens, 1854-1930