"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

General Conference Book Club



 Awhile back, I found a book club online that scheduled the study of General Conference talks. This activity helped me stay on track spiritually and took my testimony of Jesus Christ to a greater height. Sadly, the website discontinued the book club. I missed it and now feel inspired to start my own here. I realize I have few readers; no matter, I'll press forward thusly.

1. Study one talk each week until the next General Conference in April. Usually, there are the same number of talks as there are weeks for a really easy fit. However, this time there are 38 talks for 28 weeks. Every third week, simply study 2 talks.

2. Although there are many ways to study these talks, I like to read it a couple times and listen to it each morning during kitchen time. As I ponder, I look up all the scriptures quoted in the talk as part of my scripture study that week. Perhaps, I'll memorize a quote that inspires me. At the end of the week, I write my thoughts in my journal. Finally, I find ways to apply the teachings in my life.

3. To make it a book club, I'll share some of my thoughts, testimony, possible goals, and related experiences inspired the talk here each Friday.