"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

the sort of love

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear..." 1 John 4:18.

"Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord , thou knowest it altogether," Psalm 139:2-4.

The same love that allows for love, mercy, and understanding between God and another person should be the sort of love sought in families--especially the primary marital relationship. This isn't easy, when the history of the relationship hasn't allowed for safety and acceptance. Without it, though, the relationship will remain superficial and unfulfilling. When one person takes the first step with trust and openness, many times the other spouse follows this lead. It's tough to be callous toward someone that is receptive and genuine.