"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

turn off negative emotions

Not too long ago an acquaintance and I talked about parents. She complained that her father was tactless, judgmental, distant, and inattentive. Going on like this for some time, she whipped herself into quite a passion. Finally, I piped in. Although he could and should change, at 76 it wasn't likely. That was between him and God. As he is the only father she has, she should decide to love and even cherish him, warts and all. People aren't disposable. Choosing our treasure and our delight, we turn off negative emotions that destroy relationships.

These choices are easier with the grace of God.

"Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice," Psalm 55:17.

"And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me," Psalm 50:15.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not," Jeremiah 33:3.

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you," 1 Thessalonians 5:18.

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good," Romans 12:21.

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, of God," Romans 12:2.