"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

diminishing

Praying For...Cole, our little genius, who is the kindest nine-year-old I've met in some time. Pray that the end of his childhood will be happy, safe, and productive. Pray that he knows and follows Jesus.

Jesus' Word...Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light,” Matthew 11:28–30. I have found this promise to be true.

Bibliophilia...I sent Cole Winged Watchman and Snap Circuits Jr. Cole called to say thanks and that Snap Circuits are amazing. Reading a very inspiring story The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope.

Cucina Fresca...I made some yummy things this week. For our date night, I made roasted portabellas and delicata squash with mashed potatoes and gravy. Now I know my dad wouldn't even try my creations, but they are really tasty. Since my gravy is made with cauliflower and other vegetables, I can eat as much as I want. Since my mashed potatoes are made without butter, cream, or fats of any type, I can eat a mountain of them. Seriously delicious!! Then Saturday I made tamales and pumpkin/green chili soup. I roasted a sugar pumpkin that yielded about 3 cups of pulp. 2/3 went into the masa in place of lard. 1 c. was used with 1/3 of a cauliflower and my special dehydrated sofrito to make the soup.

Nature...lots of fog...hearing owls again...hunting season and the dear are diminishing...so sad.