"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

look ahead and believe

There is so much work to do in the kingdom of God, we don't have time to rest on our laurels or retire from the work...the main messages of Look Ahead and Believe

Quoting his mother, Brother Dube set the tone of his sermon, "never look back. Look ahead at what we still have to do."

Those baptized into His kingdom covenant to “stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places,” Mosiah 18:9. Some seasons of life allow service in grand ways while others accept small and simple things. “In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how,” J. Rueben Clark, April 1951.

Elder Dube quoted one of my favorite ideas from Jeffrey R. Holland.“The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future” This can mean so many things. Don't be offended by the frailties of others. Don't allow the abuse of others to rule your life. Or possibly it might mean don't rest on your laurels and retire from His service.

We can't very well stand as His witness from a rocking chair. “For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven. Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow...,” Doctrine and Covenants 58:2–3.

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light,” Matthew 11:28–30.

Our latter-day prophet, Thomas S. Monson, has relayed from Heavenly Father a great promise to those who keep the covenant and command to serve. "We will find peace, comfort, and joy, and we shall eat the good of the land in these last days."

Next week the study focus is The Windows of Heaven and Come, Join with Us.