"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

kinder, gentler, magical place

Praying For...Quinn, the most adorable 5-year-old boy in the world. This grammy isn't prejudiced at all. However, I am soo late posting my journal entry from last week. I'm praying that Quinn will know peace, liberty, happiness, and joy during his lifetime. I'm also praying that somehow people can get over themselves and be kinder, gentler, and make the world a magical place for children to grow up.

Jesus' Word...Listening to scripture right now instead of reading. It's a new experience...well sort of...The first time I made it through the Old Testament, Alexander Scourby's amazing voice rang out from my little tape deck. Alma 5 is so profound and thought provoking...especially the part that starts "And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?" Every time I read it, I'm inspired to improve a little. After hearing it read as though it were a sermon, I'm electrified. Very soon, I'll be sending the seven-year-old challenge to Oakley. I hope she accepts! One is never too young to learn or too old to change.

Cucina Fresca...oh, lovely day...at the market, I spied a perfect eggplant screaming to become roasted ratatouille. I complied sans zucchini. It was so tasty it should have been bad for me. Amazingly, it is all-you-can-eat healthy with all-you-can-eat taste. No oil, no animal products, just beautiful, heart-healthy plant goodness. And yes, I ate the whole huge pan myself for lunch with, count them, -200 calories. Whomever said salad is boring never ate at my house.

My Guy...Flowers are a girl's best friend no matter what the diamond people say. Sweet scented and warming, they speak of love. Valentine's Day was celebrated around here with a nice big bouquet that I put on my desk.

Island Life...on a ferry ride back onto the island, I experienced a scary winter storm. It was so rough that water was splashing up the sides of the ferry, wetting the car. I know real sailors would laugh at my definition of rough, but for me it was unsettling at best. Halfway across, the storm blew off and the sun came out. God is so good to share His creation and to have made it so lovely.

Guest...she had some pretty stinky ear mites going on that are now only a distant pungent memory.
Granddog...Gucci