"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

arrival of Spring

Praying For...Cole, our delightful nine-year-old professor...He's smart and kind and funny. What a great boy! Praying that his transition from childhood to adolescent is smooth and pain-free for parents and child....that the adults that come into his life and lead him or have authority over hime are upstanding, good, virtuous people who support his parents. In the past week or so, the nation has debated over the rebellious girl who left home but demanded parental monetary support. We saw her friend's permissive parent undermine the girl's parents and try to use them as a money train. The whole thing reminds me of a couple of my own children who were misled and misused in similar circumstances. Why do people think it is ok to lead gullible youngsters astray, promote/support destructive youth culture, usurp parental authority, and then demand payment for it?

Cucina Fresca...Left overs are king around here. I had some odds and ends in the kitchen the other day that combined to make a delicious meal. I boiled a bit of brown rice pasta with some kale and red pepper flakes. Then I mixed in lime and avocado for a delicious, fast meal.

Conference News...I exhausted last October's conference sermons just in time for next week's general women's conference. The following week is general conference for the church at large. I love listening to the encouraging addresses that call us to repentance and give us fodder for growth. I plan to keep up my weekly study of conference sermons on this blog.

Dr. Ginger Medicine Woman...with the arrival of Spring, the issues of fleas raises its ugly head. We are sitting for our little Yorkie grand-dog. To repel fleas, I put a bit of raw garlic and apple cider vinegar in her morning feed, drop peppermint and lavender essential oils on her collar each day, and wash her with a herbal mixture containing lavender, lemon balm, marsh mallow, calendula, and more yucca. Finally, I made a doggie bed filled with lavender, lemon balm, hops, and buckwheat hulls. We love the scent of lavender, but fleas apparently can't abide it.

Nature...all around are signs that Spring has arrived: flowering trees, emerging bulbs, new tiny leaves, robins, sunshine, and warmer temperatures...I love this time of year and spend lots of time tramping through the woods.