"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

impressions of life

"The Holy Ghost, a member of the Godhead, bears witness of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ through still, small, gentle, but powerful actions, 1 Kings 19:11-12. He is the source of personal testimony and revelation, John 14:26. He can guide me in my decisions and protect me from physical and spiritual danger, 2 Nephi 32:5. He is known as the Comforter; if I let Him, He calms my fears, encourages me to be Christlike, and fills me with hope, Galatians 5:22-23; Moroni 8:26. Through His power, I am sanctified as I repent, receive saving ordinances, and keep my covenants, 3 Nephi 27:20. It is through the influence of the Holy Ghost that I receive knowledge and experience the power of the goodness and love of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, Romans 8:16; Moroni 10:5; Doctrine and Covenants 42:17." Paraphrased from Come Follow Me, Basic Doctrinal Principles, January 2014

To better prepare to hear the still, small voice of the Holy Ghost, I can seek out peace and quiet, pray, study scripture, live a Christlike life, repent when I fall short, and desire/welcome/act upon His presence/inspiration. I have a tiny shoulder bag, just the right size to hold my wallet, phone, and little note pad. The little note pad allows me to write down impressions I receive from the Holy Ghost. Even better than that, my phone has a note pad app; I don't even need the little note pad. But I like the feel of pen and paper. The next goal is to act upon these impressions without fear. Since I'm somewhat awkward, I often talk myself out of things and second guess my impressions. This I must not do.