"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, April 28, 2014

my faith in the atonement

“Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ,” Moroni 7:41. 'The Atonement is the sacrifice Jesus Christ made to help me overcome sin, adversity, and death. Jesus’s atoning sacrifice took place in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross at Calvary. He paid the price for my sins, took upon Himself death, and was resurrected. The Atonement is the supreme expression of the love of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ,' paraphrased from Come Follow Me, The Atonement of Christ, March 2014.

The following scriptures help clarify the significance of the Atoning sacrifice the Savior made for me.

Matthew 26–27; D&C 19:16–19, In Gethsemane and on the cross, Jesus Christ paid the price for our sins and took upon Himself our pains.

Matthew 28:1–10, Jesus Christ overcame death through His Resurrection.

2 Nephi 9:6–16, Jesus Christ overcame sin and death through His Atonement.

Alma 7:11–13, Jesus Christ took upon Himself our pains, sicknesses, infirmities, and sins.

Although this has always been my faith, it didn't really hit home until my little girl died at the age of nine. Yes, I had friends, grandparents, and older relatives die, which I knew I would see again. However, when it was my own child, it tempered my grief. Without a shadow of doubt, I know my daughter lives in Heaven. I will see her again, and I will see my friends, grandparents, and other dear departed relatives.