"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

because I'm happy

Praying For...Sammy, our kindhearted artist...I pray that she will choose to continue in her kind ways even if others don't return the kindness. I pray that she will be comfortable in her own skin and choose to follow Jesus Christ. I pray that leaders of the world will turn from their bloodthirsty, power-seeking ways and choose to love their neighbors.

General Conference Book Club...once again I'm late doing this. Sorry but I've been too busy to post, although I do read and study. I studied Henry B. Eyring's sermon, Daughters in the Covenant, this week. As usual his words encouraged and inspired. "You are more alike as daughters of God than you are different...Little children are being inspired to say great and marvelous things, as they did when the Savior loosed their tongues when He taught them after He was resurrected...While Satan may be attacking sisters at earlier ages, the Lord is lifting sisters to higher and higher levels of spirituality." Teaching Primary children of 5 and 6 over the past year, I've heard some amazing statements and attempted to answer some very deep questions. And...over the past few years, I've come to understand that the big game of compare, judge, and condemn hurts everyone involved. As women we are on different places on the path toward faith, knowledge, and eternity. Instead of using others as stepping stones to climb the ladder of pride, we ought to smile and lift each other. My grandmother is a perfect example of this attitude. She has (actually had because most are passed on now) hundreds of close, intimate friends as well as a large family that all love and honor her. Her family actually seek her out as an old lady, not out of obligation but from the desire to feel her unconditional love. I asked her about this. She told me everyone can be interesting if we like them for who they are. The world would be a very boring place if everyone acted the same. She's right. We should celebrate differences. I don't mean tolerate sin, but allow the judging of others to remain in the hands of God.

Pen and Brush...I started drawing again and can't believe I forgot how enjoyable it is. Maybe I'll paint this week.

Cucina Fresca...haven't invented anything new lately...just making the usual fair...but...I gained a few pounds after I began eating oats in the mornings, so I'm going to go back to eating very veggie miso soup again. It's basically a pound of non-starchy vegetables in vegetable broth seasoned with a bit of miso: bok choi, spinach, red peppers, tomatoes, shredded carrots, mushrooms, green onions, sea weed, ginger, serrano pepper, cilantro, powdered dehydrated mixed vegetables, and miso. Sometimes I add a bit of brown rice, too. Delicious and satisfying!

Sound of Music...playing and singing bring me much joy...violin and ukulele are the most enjoyable of all the instruments I've tried.

Tiny House...my current favorite tiny house is this one. I would love to live in it, except it's in snow country. For a long time,  I've dreamed of building a tiny house. I dwell on one and then another, imagining working in my little garden and playing music and sewing and...Yes, my imagination is vivid but pretty unrealistic.