"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

oh spring!

Praying For...Quinn, the funniest little man in the world. I seem to always pray for the same thing. Because of traumatic events in my childhood, I know how important it is to protect the innocence of children. I pray for Quinn's health, happiness, innocence, safety, and that his spirit will be touched my the power of the Holy Ghost to know Jesus Christ and God, The Eternal Father. I also pray that adults will remember how important it is to be gentle with little children...to nurture and provide for them.

Bibliophilia...sent Quinn The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, No. 2) and Knights And Castles (Magic Tree House Research Guide). While these books aren't excellent literature, they are lots of fun for little children to read. He feels so grown up now that his story books are chapter books.

God's Word...Easter is not about eggs and chicks and bunnies and all that silly children's stuff. Easter is the season to celebrate the atonement of Jesus Christ. He died for me and for all mankind that we might live again. It is up to our choices concerning the commandments, our repentances, and our acceptance of the grace of Jesus Christ if our resurrection will be unto eternal life or eternal damnation.



Sound of Music...I'll always love my violin; it introduced me to the beauties and joys of music. But...I wanted to play something silly and fun. I acquired a cheap ukulele. After only a couple minutes, I could play my first song, Amazing Grace. It is so much fun to learn the Primary songs for the year on this silly little music maker. Too bad I didn't think about this during the fall and winter, when I was laid up with an injury.

Cucina Fresca...after inventing (or so I thought) Pasta e Verdura (caramelized onions, mushrooms, tomato, lemon, kale, red pepper, and fresh herbs with a tiny bit of pasta) I found a cookbook called, Pasta e Verdura at the library. There are over 100 veggie recipes to try along the same lines to pour over potatoes, rice, or pasta. I'm in heaven trying new things. I'm going to try my version of their Browned Savoy Cabbage Fettucini (It's really the same recipe as my kale sans tomato and lemon but with garlic. While the book is vegetarian, it isn't fat-free vegan. Most recipes have tons of oil or dairy products or both. Still, my slimmed-down, vascular system-loving versions are very tasty.

Nature...this spring is beautiful and unbelievable. Because of the wettest March in the history of record keeping, plants are growing by leaps and bounds. The weirdest part is the pollen. There is so much the car window must be washed each day; it can't be driven with a yellow opaque windshield. The stuff is thickly coating everything around here.