"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, April 14, 2014

The Plan of Happiness and Salvation

“This is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man” (Moses 1:39).

Many of the difficult choices I must make become easier with an understands the plan of happiness and salvation. Knowing that I lived with my Heavenly Father before I was born and that He sent me here with a divine purpose, I view my trials and challenges with an eternal perspective. Knowing that womanhood is part of my eternal identity, I want to develop my divine gifts to help me become a better mother, grandmother, wife, daughter, teacher, nurturer, and friend. Knowing that agency is a gift and that I am accountable for my choices, I am inspired to make decisions based on eternal principles. Heavenly Father prepared a plan to enable me as well as all mankind to become like Him, which includes the Creation, the Fall, the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and all the laws, ordinances, and doctrines of the gospel. This plan makes it possible for me as well as all mankind to be perfected through the Atonement, receive a fulness of joy, and live forever in the presence of God. Paraphrased from Come Follow Me, February 2014.

1 Corinthians 15:20–22, All people are born and will die.

Hebrews 12:9, God is the Father of our spirits.

Revelation 20:12–13; 2 Nephi 9:10–11; Alma 5:15–21, All people will be resurrected and stand before God to be judged.

2 Nephi 2:22–25, The Fall of Adam brought about mortality.

Alma 34:32–33, This life is the time to repent.

Alma 40:11–14, Choices on Earth determine the state of men after death.

Alma 42:5–15, Alma teaches his son Corianton about the plan of salvation.

D&C 76:30–113, These are the kingdoms of glory.

My extended family members don't understand why I'm serving a mission instead of living in comfort. Because I have a strong sense of duty and believe my choice to serve God matters, I choose this over a rocking chair. I'll ever be grateful to old Brother Doyle for suggesting I take the missionary lessons and get baptized. Additionally, my parents didn't have to give permission for my baptism, but they did. They saw I had a testimony and deep desire to give my life to Jesus. While I haven't an awesome servant, I have tried to do good. Because of the Atonement, I can repent of my short comings. Grace allows me to keep trying and succeed a little more here and there. God loves me and is rooting for my success. Praise Him!