"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

always with me

In studying topically, I never know where God will lead me, as with my study with the articles of faith. Considering the third article of faith, I decided to focus on ordinances today. Because I believe Jesus showed me the path I should follow being He was baptized, confirmed, and attending the temple, I believe He wants everyone that follows Him doing likewise. Some say all that is necessary is to declare a belief, and they are saved. While this is an important first step, God requires obedience.

"Ordinances are sacred, formal acts performed by the authority of the priesthood, essential to our exaltation. These ordinances are called saving ordinances and include baptism, confirmation, ordination to the Melchizedek Priesthood (for men), the temple endowment, and the marriage sealing. With each of these ordinances, I enter into solemn covenants with the Lord. Covenants are two way promises or if/then promises...Ordinances and covenants help me remember who I am and remind me of my duty to God. The Lord provided ordinances and covenants to help me come unto Him and receive eternal life. When I honor my covenants, He strengthens me...I do all I can to prepare myself, when receiving an ordinance or renewing covenants: temple attendance or partaking of the sacrament. Depending on the situation, I might prepare by praying, fasting, counseling with priesthood leaders, and studying the scriptures/words of latter-day prophets. I should always strive to be spiritually prepared to receiving an ordinance by living a clean, worthy life, and strive to receive the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost." Paraphrased from True to the Faith, (2004), 109–10.

Each week I attend church to renew my baptismal covenant to always remember Him, take His name upon me, and keep His commandments by partaking of the sacrament. "And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you," Luke 22:19-20. He promises that I may always have His spirit to be with me (Doctrine and Covenants 20:77, 79). I want and need all the help He can give me to become all He wants me to be.