"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, May 12, 2014

fill in the gaps and erase the slate

"We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel." Article of Faith 3

Jesus Christ came to earth as a mortal man, lived a perfect life, and died for all people. His suffering and death are the Atonement. Jesus rose from the dead and came alive, which He called resurrection. Because of these things, we can live again with Heavenly Father IF we strive to obey His commandments (laws) and repent when we fail.

Saved means to be resurrected and have the opportunity to live with Heavenly Father again. Some ordinances are baptism, confirmation, and the sacrament. The gospel is the good news or plan of happiness that Heavenly Father designed.

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you," Luke 22:19-2.

Some say I am not a Christian, because I believe Jesus and Heavenly Father require my devotion to the commandments and ordinances of the Gospel. These people are under the mistaken belief that I think I can save myself through my works. This is not the case. I know full well that without the Atoning Grace of Christ, I would have been lost to the devil long ago. I also know that my Heavenly Father designed a plan for me to become the best person I am capable of being through faith, free will, devotion, and repentance. Everyone on earth gets the free gift of resurrection from Jesus Christ. However, not all get to dwell with Him in Heaven. For this He requires that I do all I can to do my very best. After that He'll fill in the gaps and erase the slate if I repent.