"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Jesus loves the little children.

On this coloring page, my class will be invited to draw smiles on the faces of the children that Jesus is blessing.

Maybe the reason I love teaching Primary more this time than ever before is the fact that I do all the suggested steps including prayerfully reading the suggested preparation scriptures. This week they are Matthew 25:34-40, Mark 10:13-16, 3 Nephi 17. As I read the Holy Ghost guides me with ideas for a successful lesson. If I then prepare and teach with a good attitude according the the directions of the Holy Ghost and the lesson manual, my little children seem to get a lot out of the time we spend together. So do I.

I'll tell the Bible story from Mark 10


I'll tell the Book of Mormon story from 3 Nephi 17.

My children love to talk and participate in lessons. I'll remind the children that under Heavenly Father’s direction, Jesus Christ created the earth and all the plants and animals on it. Then I'll ask each child to name a favorite animal or plant. After they tell me all about their favorites, I'll tell them that Jesus created so many different trees, animals, and flowers to make the world interesting because He loves them.

I'll ask them to tell me of times when their mothers hugged them or their father gave them priesthood blessings. After they are done responding, I'll present the idea that the wonderful love of their mothers and fathers doesn't even come close to the way Jesus loves them, although the blessings and hugs are similar to the blessings and hugs Jesus gave. If they had been alive at the time Jesus Christ lived on earth, he would have taken them into his arms and blessed them. Although Jesus is not on the earth right now, he still loves everyone on the earth.

We'll play our favorite beanbag game with the following questions. How do you know Jesus loves you? What did Jesus mean when he said, “Suffer the little children to come unto me”? What did Jesus’ disciples (helpers) try to do when the parents brought their children to see Jesus? How did Jesus show he loved the sick and injured people in America? What did Jesus do after he blessed the children in America? Whom did the parents in America see standing with their children after Jesus blessed them? Why did Jesus bless the children? How can we show our love for Jesus?

Especially at times when I'm heart sick or lonely, I feel the warm embrace of my Savior, Jesus Christ. He loves me always. When it seems nobody else can or will give me love, His love pulls me up. I cannot forget nor do I want to forget the magnitude of love surrounding Him.