"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

so happy

Praying For...Cole, the nicest, nine-year-old, little professor in the world...praying that he will be happy, healthy, safe, and remember the love of the Savior...that somehow he can escape the evils of this world and become a force for good...that leaders of nations will cease their violence, lies, intrigues, and traitorism against their own nations and people...that people around the world will love their neighbors and themselves enough to be involved, honest, civil, dignified, kind, happy, and gentle...that everyone will band together to protect the innocence of childhood. Let's all choose to be happy!

Bibliophilia...Sent Cole My Side of the Mountain, New American Cursive II, and Editor in Chief 1 to encourage and support his homework habit over the summer. He's so smart; it doesn't take much to encourage him. I'll also send him a math workbook soon. I'm so happy my husband supports my book buying habit for myself and the grands.

Jesus' Word..."Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken," Luke 21:26; "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold," Matthew 24:12...Another school shooting, the wife of an American citizen condemned to death for Christianity, the President of the US and leader of the free world trading 5 war criminals who will certainly carry on their work against liberty for a deserter, traitor, and collaborator. Iniquity abounds and we turn a blind eye. Why? If we allow ourselves to fear, our hearts will truly fail so we wax cold in our love of our fellow men. We are shaking in our boots, because we know we can't do anything to stop the momentum of this run away train. But we can...we can make our little corners of the world better places. We can pray for leaders of nations and our neighbors around the world and our families and ourselves. We can demand officials do what is legally and constitutionally possible to impeach and remove from office traitors, liars, and collaborators, starting with President Ohdidheactuallyusurpconstitutionalpowersagain. But...in all this we need to remember there are more God-loving, flower-growing, music-loving, tender-hearted, soup-making, peace-loving kinds of people in the world than the evil, obnoxious, and loud kind.

Cucina Fresca...I've talked about Kik Alicha before. While definitely a peasant meal, it is beyond delicious. I made it again this week with all fresh ingredients: 3/4 c. yellow split peas, 1/2 large onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 pinky turmeric, 1 knuckle ginger, zest and juice of 1/2 medium lemon...simmer the split peas, onion, and garlic until soft stir in turmeric, ginger, zest, and juice...serve over brown rice or enjera, if you are lucky enough to have a source of 100% teff enjera near you or you can make it. Garnish with cilantro. Also this week I stopped making soup for breakfast again. Eating huge green salads (about a pound to a pound and a half) and a baked potato for breakfast, I feel better than I have in my whole life. I am not hungry half way through the morning either with very few calories. It's doing more for my digestive issues than any other choice I've made so far.

Yorkie News...I know this little one will return to her home someday, but I am having a blast with her. The other night we went to the lighthouse beach. Because of the perfect weather, slight salt breeze, and warm temps, I grew homesick for Oahu. Sometimes I wish we had never left. But that's another story. The little Yorkie loves to chase birds. Spying a great blue heron, she gave chase. Since she's smaller than a squirrel, the heron simply got out of her way by going a foot deeper in the water. Miss Yorkie was so excited, she jumped in the water. Terriers are not water lovers by any stretch of the imagination. The look on her face in the cold water made us roar with laughter. It's a good thing we take an old towel to the beach to clean her up after an outing. Jason's sweet little Yorkie makes me so happy.

Dr. Ginger, Medicine Woman...Although I'm not a licensed doctor, I study and practice natural healing or nutritional herbalism in my home. When May rolled around, pollen from trees and super tall grass was so thick it was visible flying through the air and left heavy deposits on decks and cars. I did not experience hay fever...AT...ALL. The low-fat, whole-foods, plants-only nutritional healing thing actually works! This week I began to notice a slight tickle in my ear and throat that in the past was the starting bell to immune misery. Immediately, I began taking Dr. Christophers Immucalm, which helps the immune system be both strong and calm so that it does not overreaction to triggers in the environment. I experienced a literal miracle, since the tingling stopped and no eye swelling, SOB, or itching throat, nose, ears occurred. It's amazing what a dirty diet can do to the body. Likewise, it's amazing what cleaning up the diet and using herbs now and then can accomplish. Immucalm is astragalus and marshmallow roots, which anyone could easily mix up themselves from single powdered herbs. I find buying the formulas a nice convenience. This discovery makes me so happy.

Duds...just learned that Keds Champion Originals come in W and WW...I've always wanted to try them but could never get my deformed wide feet in the shoe. Keds are the only tennis shoes cute enough to wear with casual skirts and dresses. I'll likely send away for a pair or two to try them out. I can't wear heavy leather birkie maderas anymore, although I used to love them. One, they changed the fit and support when offshoot Footprints took over the design. When I was a little girl, I wore corrective shoes. Although they were ugly, they were perfectly fitted to my feet. I simply cannot squeeze my feet into ill-fitting shoes after growing up with a proper fit. Some say wide feet are caused by going bare foot. Au contraire, they are caused by genetics. I was born with them as were my mother, grandfather, grandmother, and great grandfather. Two, they are too hot for the desert, which will soon be my home again. The thought makes me happy.