"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

gifts for a king

This concludes my study of Jesus the Christ chapter 8.

Helaman 14:5
3 Nephi 1:21
Matthew 2:13-18
Jeremiah 31:15
Helaman 14:1-9
3 Nephi 1:4-21

I can't imagine being so power hungry as to kill thousands of innocent children. 'Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely,' John Dalbery-Acton. Herod was an evil man. Sometimes it seems that evil people get away with terrible acts, but they don't. During judgement all deeds will be made known. Those who chose to follow Jesus commandments, repent of poor choices, and accept His atoning grace will receive a beautiful reward. Those who follow the wrong master will receive the reward of the damned.

Until I began studying herbalism, I had no idea what frankincense and myrrh were. Now I know they were valuable medicines. I have used each of these as anti-pathogenics with great success, as well as specific herbal uses. They are also used to make perfumes and incense. Along with gold, they were perfect gifts for a king.

Most modern people are little acquainted with the stars. With so much to entertain us and electric lights shielding our view of the heavens, we don't look up like the ancients. To them a new star must have been a wonder. To us it would have been another interesting thing reported on Yahoo and forgotten tomorrow. Nonetheless, it was the sign given of the birth of the Savior of the World. In the Americas, a further sign was given of a night without darkness.

One of the greatest lessons from this part of Jesus life is the faith shown by believers who waited for His promised birth. Is my faith as strong? Could I have stood firm in the face of death? Could I have endured the hardships of Roman bondage?