"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

charity

I'm taking a break for a few days to prepare a sacrament meeting talk on the subject of charity. I was humbled to receive the assignment but pleased by the topic. Charity didn't come easily to me and is still a mighty struggle. These ideas were not part of my childhood experience except for a very few examples. Like the traditions of most, my family, school, and neighborhood embodied the opposite of charity, which we all know is the goal of the adversary. Today, I studied Matthew 7:23, Matthew 22:37-39, 1 Corinthians 13, Eph. 4:31, 1 Corinthians 14:20, and Doctrine and Covenants 121. I may not write much for a couple days as I work to tie these ideas into a 20 minute talk.