"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Friday, August 22, 2014

well worth it

Jesus the Christ chapter 12 continued...

Matthew 12:38-39; 16:1
1 Cor. 1:22
John 2:18-22
Mark 14:58
Mark 15:29-30
John 10:38; 17:21
John 2:19-22
Matthew 27:63
John 2:23-25
John 3:1-21

This is more of the same idea as yesterday. Jesus cleansed the temple and spoke of himself as a temple to be torn down and built up again within 3 days. Although the authorities didn't want to admit the truthfulness of Jesus as Messiah, at some level they knew He was just that. They were highly concerned that he would rise on the third day.

It seems that is going on in the world today. Many profess atheism or other forms of non-worship and sinfulness. Deep down they feel the truth but fight against God with all their might, minds, and strength. They infiltrate our media, entertainment, schools, and so forth. They scream their agenda and demand we acquiesce through political correctness. No, I won't judge others who haven't yet accepted Jesus into their lives. That is their business. However, I also won't capitulate to their demands that I accept sinful practices as normal behavior.

Yesterday, I read in the news that a girl was suspended from school for saying bless you to a sneezer in class. The atheist teacher had a rule in her class that no godly language be used. To some this could be construed as godly language. To most of the rest of the English speaking world, it is a cultural show of concern and good manners. Similarly, I knew a young girl about 15 years ago, who was suspended from school for wearing a t-shirt with a Christian message. There was no dress code stating the children could not wear t-shirts with printing. Nevertheless, this girl's teacher was offended by the wording. The whole thing was dropped when the ACLU was called in.

I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I wish everyone knew the joy and peace that come from attempting to live according to His example and commands. True, I am far from perfect in this pursuit, but the pursuit is well worth it. I'm grateful my parents believed in Christ and allowed me to choose the direction (if any) I would pursue with Him.

God Bless You!