"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

cleansing the temple

Jesus the Christ Chapter 12...I hope and pray that getting back to my original format will help me get back into the spirit of this study.

John 2:12
Matthew 4:13; 9:1
Matthew 11:23
Luke 10:15
Luke 2:46-49
Exodus 30:11-16
John 2:14-17
Psalm 69:9

Yesterday, I talked to a couple friends about my conversation on contention that occurred in my Primary class last Sunday. One woman pointed out that Jesus acted in anger. She said that gave us permission to do likewise. I didn't say anything but do not agree. Jesus was cleansing the temple. He didn't act in anger but indignation. A parallel might me if we walked in and found people living in our home without permission or observed someone defiling a child or were in a position of personal peril. Justifying angry outburst by comparing them to Jesus' acts at the temple is ludicrous.

Exploring the life of Jesus Christ is both fascinating and spiritually enlarging. I know that He live, that He loves me, and that His atoning sacrifice make it possible for fallible little me to dwell again in the presence of the Father. Somedays, when I'm tired or in pain, this knowledge makes all the difference. I can keep enduring, keep moving forward, and keep smiling. It'll be worth it.