"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

called to serve

Jesus the Christ Chapter 16...

Matthew 10:1-4
Mark 3:13-19
Luke 6:12-16
Luke 3:13
John 15:16
Acts 1:22

I've been called to many positions of service all involving teaching of some sort. When I think of it, all these callings were from Jesus. True, as a woman, I thankfully won't be called to be an apostle. However, the Holy Ghost whispers the way we should go if we will but listen. Sometimes callings are immeasurably fulfilling but sometimes they are simply difficult learning experiences. In a minute way, this mirrors the experiences of the apostles called to preach during Jesus' time, fulfilling but difficult. So far, I haven't been in danger during a calling unless you count my injury from driving a tractor at the farm. However, painful as it was, it's nothing like being stoned or put to death. I'm grateful that these little tidbits were included in scripture to encourage anyone who seeks a religious life of any magnitude.