"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Monday, September 29, 2014

guided to it

Conclusion of Jesus the Christ Chapter 15...

Matthew 12:1-8
Mark 2:23-28
Luke 6:1-5
Deuteronomy 23:24-25
Hosea 6:6
Micah 6:6-9
Matthew 12:10-13
Mark 3:1-6
Luke 6:6-8
Luke 13:14-16; 14:3-6
John 9:14-16

As I was reading about the Pharisee letter of the law problem, a thought came to mind. These men were jealous and were looking for a way to tear Jesus down. Sometimes I watch instructional videos on Youtube, which is a wealth of free information at our fingertips. Some videos are pretty bad, but mostly they are informative. Below the video is a place to comment or express gratitude to the presenter. People called trolls love to bring contention to the comments, but there is another type even more destructive and similar to the Pharisees. They are jealous of the success of the presenter OR they are close minded to any view but their own. They attack and attempt to tear down the presenter. Ignorance is evident as they say something like, 'You don't agree with my views so you are not right. In fact you are an idiot.'

Getting back to the subject at hand, I am reminded of a recent discussion I had with my old Primary class a few weeks ago. Jesus said it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath. Certainly, we should avoid toil and spend the Sabbath in worship. However, someone must tend to the sick and keep peace in the city and feed the hungry and guard prisoners and make sure electricity/water/traffic continues to flow. By Jesus' standards, we should only do what is necessary on the Sabbath, but we should make sure we aren't justifying the unnecessary. We don't need to eat out, go shopping, work a non-essential job, fly in a plane, or participate in sports on the Sabbath.

I thought my study of Jesus the Christ would be similar to my other times through. However, this time it seems to be teaching me about virtue, which I need to improve. I am grateful I was guided to this study again.