"Beam-ectomy should precede all mote micro-surgery. Just saying." Ginger Conrad paraphrasing Jesus Christ.

Paradigm Shift

“The list of health problems I think it would very hard to live with is SO much longer than the list of foods I previously thought I couldn’t live without,” Merrill Alley.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Character of Jesus

Moving a bit slowly this morning. Jet lag and travel fatigue have hit. Additionally, I worked on pruning our severely overgrown grapefruit tree yesterday for three hours. A dwarf tree over ten feet tall, a return to dwarfishness will take some effort. I reduced the height by 1/3 but all the growth is on the outer two feet. I'm not at all sure how to bring it back into balance without cutting off all the green. Maybe by capping it and opening up the center, as I did, new growth will occur closer to the trunk. If not I'll prune even more and graft buds closer in. My goal is to graft in Oro Blanco, Marsh Seedless, and Rio Red Ruby for succession ripening on this grapefruit as well as succession varieties on the lemon, tangerine, and orange in the yard. Hopefully, I won't kill it, since the unknown winter ripening pink grapefruit are so delicious. Either way the grapefruit looks as terrible as I feel. 

Jesus the Christ Chapter 16 continued...

John 1:45-51
John 21:2-3

Some scholars, including the author of Jesus the Christ, believe Bartholomew and Nathaniel are the same man. Maybe one of the names is the surname. Whatever the case, to be thought of by Jesus in this light is wonderful indeed. Without guile and full of faith, one is closer to the character of Jesus than nearly any other attribute. Sincerity, faithfulness, and forthrightness in character bring to mind The Redcross Knight of Faerie Queen fame.